Friday 22 September 2017

All Hail Queen Mab! It's the Feast of Mabon!

Image result for queen mab
Oh, then, I see Queen Mab hath been with you.
She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes
In shape no bigger than an agate stone
On the forefinger of an alderman,
Drawn with a team of little atomi
Over men’s noses as they lie asleep.
Her wagon spokes made of long spinners' legs,
The cover of the wings of grasshoppers,
Her traces of the smallest spider’s web,
Her collars of the moonshine’s watery beams,
Her whip of cricket’s bone, the lash of film,
Her wagoner a small gray-coated gnat,
Not half so big as a round little worm
Pricked from the lazy finger of a maid.


Some call the feast of Mabon the "Witches' Thanksgiving". Everyone celebrates in their own unique ways. Last year I held a great feast and made a coat from newly fallen leaves but this year I've opted for a quieter celebration. I'll be staying in and catching up with some Queen Mab related entertainments. 

In the morning and afternoon I'll binge watch this superb new series about Queen Mab's PR firm...

After that I'll watch the classic film about an old English King's loyalty to the Faer Folk Queen...


Finally I'll round off my evening with a faerie themed action thriller...


Happy Feast Day your Mabesty!

For more ideas of what to do at Mabon take a look at this site...


No comments:

Post a Comment